You are cordially invited to join The Dogwood Society, a group of community-minded individuals whose generosity is key to helping Hospice of Washington County achieve its vital mission.
Your gift — in combination with others — will ensure quality end of life care and grief counseling for you and your loved ones. Your donation will ensure that the mission of HWC will continue and the organization can continue to serve our community coping with aging, serious illness and grief. Because these issues cross all socio-economic lines, you or someone you know will have likely experienced HWC’s supportive care — or will.
Thanks to so many generous individuals HWC consistently goes above and beyond to offer much-needed services that are not reimbursed by Medicare and other payers. HWC does not turn away a patient from care due to their inability to pay.
Please consider becoming a member of HWC’s Dogwood Society. This is one of the most worthwhile and fulfilling ways of making a difference and making Washington County a more compassionate place to live.
IMPORTANT REASONS TO JOIN HWC’S Dogwood Society
- It is comforting to know that your gift stays in Washington County and your dollars are working to ensure quality end of life care for you and your loved ones.
- Chances are that someday, you and or someone you love will need hospice services and you’ll be glad you contributed to these important services and programs.
- To sustain a “living endowment” fulfilling HWC’s commitment to our most vulnerable and to ensure that no one is turned away from hospice care due to their inability to pay.
- To ensure that Bereavement Services are available to our community free of charge. HWC’s Bereavement Services are not limited to families of patients who are served by hospice but also for any individual who has experienced loss. This counseling is for individuals of any age including children.
- To join with other community members in demonstrating your commitment to the humanitarian mission of Hospice of Washington County.
Membership to the DOGWOOD SOCIETY:
Accepting the invitation to join The Dogwood Society signifies your commitment to our community and your desire to ensure that all residents receive quality end-of-life care and vital grief counseling.
Recognition for your support of The Dogwood Society includes:
- A special token of our thanks indicating your level of support.
- An invitation to the annual donor recognition event and other special programs.
- HWC newsletter, website, during hospice events and on social media postings.
- Naming opportunities may be available, based on the gift size.
HWC was born out of the vision of an exceptional group of people who realized the value of hospice care and wanted it for their families and neighbors.
Over the years, Hospice of Washington County developed into a full service hospice with doctors, registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, professional social workers and spiritual care providers in addition to our many dedicated volunteers.
As the exclusive licensed provider of hospice care in Washington County, Maryland, our goal is to surround the patient and their family with a personal team of professionals who know how to manage even the most difficult situations. HWC serves Washington County residents who live at home with family, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or group homes and now at Doey’s House, the first hospice house for our community.