Mortgage Burning Campaign
Case Statement For Support
For over 30 years the board of directors, staff and volunteers at Hospice of Washington County, Inc. have been and continue to be dedicated to serving our community with care and support for those loved ones who are terminally ill. Hospice care is provided by a specially trained team caring for the “whole person” including his or her physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. Hospice focuses on comfort and living each day to the fullest extent possible.
By implementing the “Mortgage Burning Campaign” and paying off the mortgage, Hospice of Washington County, Inc. will free up thousands of dollars a month to reinvest into caring for our community.
Did you know that Hospice of Washington County, Inc.…
- Served over 1700 Washington County patients and families in 2009
- Serves not only the geriatric population, but children, young adults and anyone in need of our services regardless of age
- Provides Grief Counseling to all members of our community, not just to our patients and their families, and this service is provided at no cost
- Is the only licensed Hospice Care provider in the county
- Is a respected employer in our community and employs 106 uniquely skilled professionals
- Provides services to all residents of Washington County regardless of their ability to pay
- Provides services to all residents with any end-of-life illness, not just cancer
- Provides services to residents living at home, in assisted care facilities, and in nursing homes – anyplace they call home
Timing and Funding
The 30th Anniversary “Mortgage Burning Campaign” kicked off in April of 2010 with a goal of $900,000. To date $200,000 has been raised toward that goal. $700,000 remains. Gifts of all sizes are needed. Every dollar will enable us to “burn the mortgage” and assist more individuals and families in our community through expanded and enhanced programs and services.
We invite you to give at a level you are comfortable with to this outstanding organization that cares for our community twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year.
You can access the gift/pledge forms below along with a complete list of naming opportunities. Everyone donating to the “Mortgage Burning Campaign” will have their name inscribed on a special donor wall to be hung in our main lobby of the Hospice of Washington County offices, located at 747 Northern, Ave., Hagerstown. Those choosing specific offices, rooms and programs will have individual plaques located near their named area inscribed with the wording of their choice.
Thank you in advance for your consideration. Should you have further questions or which to speak to our development director in regard to a specific naming opportunity, please call Cheryl Brown at 301-791-6360 or e-mail her at email@example.com.