Hospice of Washington County Announces Upcoming Volunteer Trainings!
Have you ever considered becoming a Hospice of Washington County Volunteer?
Make a difference by offering invaluable companionship and support!
Join one of our upcoming Volunteer Training Classes!
August 9 and 16 9:00am-4:00pm
October 9, 12 and 18 5:00-9:00pm
Hospice of Washington County is seeking reliable, compassionate volunteers to make visits to our terminally ill patients and families in their homes or nursing facilities. Hospice of Washington County, Inc. volunteers are key members of the interdisciplinary team.
Volunteers are needed for:
– Companionship and emotional support
– Caregiver relief and running errands
– Overnight bedside vigils (11pm-3am or 3-7am)
– Providing haircuts or massage therapy
– Providing pet therapy
– Music visits
– Veteran support
– Assisting with flower arranging at Doey’s House
– Providing receptionist support at Doey’s House (Shifts available: Fri & Sat 4-8pm and Sun 8am-noon)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we will teach you all you need to know in regard to the hospice approach to death and dying, and how to put these ideas into practice. No experience is required.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lindsay Anderson, Volunteer Services Director, at 301-791-6360.
Download a training flier and/or volunteer application below: