New Volunteer Opportunity at Doey’s House!
Hospice of Washington County’s Volunteer Department is pleased to announce a new volunteer opportunity at Doey’s House.
We are in need of two volunteers each morning from 7am-10am to help prepare breakfast in the kitchen. No cooking experience is needed. All of the breakfast foods at Doey’s House are simple things that just need to be heated at most (i.e. oatmeal, cereal, toast, yogurt, etc.).
Duties will include:
– Checking and recording temperatures of the refrigerator, freezer, tower warmer, and food
– Preparing breakfast
– Cleaning kitchen after breakfast is served
– A minimum of 1-2 days per week commitment
– Training of a few hours in the kitchen, followed by shadowing for a few mornings at breakfast.
– Flu vaccine, as well as a 2 step ppd screening for tuberculosis
For more information or to apply, please contact Lindsay Anderson, Volunteer Services Director, at 301-791-6360.