Registration Now Open for May Volunteer Training Class
Have you ever considered becoming a Hospice of Washington County Volunteer?
Make a difference by offering invaluable companionship and support!
Join our upcoming Volunteer Training Class!
May 7, 10 and 16 5:00-9:00pm
Hospice of Washington County is seeking reliable, compassionate volunteers to make visits to our terminally ill patients and families in their homes or nursing facilities. Hospice of Washington County, Inc. volunteers are key members of the interdisciplinary team.
Volunteers are needed for:
– Companionship, emotional support and a listening ear
– Providing a break for family members
– Caregiver relief and running errands
– Providing a bedside vigil with patients during their final hours
– Providing specialized comfort to patients with massage therapy, haircuts, pet therapy or music
– Providing companionship to Veterans through the Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we will teach you all you need to know in regard to the hospice approach to death and dying, and how to put these ideas into practice. No experience is required.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lindsay Anderson, Volunteer Services Director, at 301-791-6360.
Download a training flier and/or volunteer application below: