Do you want to find fulfillment in life by doing something truly worthwhile? Are you compassionate, caring, reliable and flexible? Consider becoming a Hospice of Washington County Volunteer!
Join one of our upcoming Volunteer Training Classes!
Volunteers are Needed for...
- Companionship, emotional support and a listening ear
- Providing a break for family members
- Assisting with errands or light housework
- Providing a bedside vigil with patients during their final hours
- Providing specialized comfort to patients with massage therapy, haircuts, pet therapy or music
- Providing companionship and/or honor ceremonies to Veterans through the Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we will teach you all you need to know in regard to the hospice approach to death and dying, and how to put these ideas into practice. No experience is required. Volunteer Training is a hybrid learning experience that combines online (or DVD) video modules and in-person activities. The next sessions are being offered on January 28th, from 8:30am-12:30pm and January 29th, from 4:00-8:00pm (Choose One).
For more information or to apply, please contact Lindsay Anderson, Volunteer Services Director, at 301-791-6360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a training flier and/or volunteer application below: