Volunteers Needed in 2020!
Have you ever considered becoming a Hospice of Washington County Volunteer?
Make a difference by offering invaluable companionship and support! Join one of our upcoming Volunteer Training Sessions in 2020!
Hospice of Washington County is seeking reliable, compassionate volunteers to make visits to our terminally ill patients and families in their homes or nursing facilities. Hospice of Washington County, Inc. volunteers are key members of the interdisciplinary team.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Companionship, emotional support and a listening ear
- Providing a break for family members
- Assisting with errands or light housework
- Providing a bedside vigil with patients during their final hours
- Providing specialized comfort to patients with massage therapy, haircuts, pet therapy or music
- Providing companionship and/or honor ceremonies to Veterans through the Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we will teach you all you need to know in regards to the hospice approach to death and dying, and how to put these ideas into practice. No experience is required.
In 2020 HWC will be offering Volunteer Training Sessions every other month, beginning in January. Volunteer Training is informative, easy and free! It is a hybrid learning experience that combines online (or DVD) video modules and in-person activities. January's Volunteer Training sessions are scheduled on 1/28, from 8:30am-12:30pm and 1/29, from 4:00-8:00pm (Choose One).
For more information or to apply, please contact Lindsay Anderson, Volunteer Services Director, at 301-791-6360 or email@example.com.
Download a training flier and/or volunteer application below: