HWC UPDATES COVID-19 SERVICE PLAN
Updated March 5, 2021
Hospice of Washington County is continuing to monitor, daily, the community transmission and positivity rates of COVID-19 across our county and state. Due to the decreasing numbers of cases and the increasing numbers of vaccinations, HWC has updated its visitor policy for Doey’s House to include the following:
The updated policies are as follows:
- Every visitor will be provided with a surgical mask to wear while visiting.
- Patients who are actively dying at Doey’s House may have a maximum of (2) visitors at a time. If a visitor screens positive to flu-like symptoms (fever, SOB, cough, etc.), they will be restricted entry into the building. Visitation for actively dying patients after 8pm must be pre-arranged.
- We understand the delicacy and importance of being there during all final end of life transitions. Our team will work with larger groups of family members to ensure that they can be a part of this critical time. If larger groups are visiting and are rotating (2) at a time, they must wait in their vehicles before they re-enter or enter the building. All visitors will need screened prior to entry.
- If a Doey’s House patient tests positive for COVID 19, the patients and families will be immediately notified. Visitors to COVID-19 Positive/pending patients will have further restrictions. Please talk to a DH staff member for more information.
- We strongly encourage virtual visitation
- Pet visits will not be permitted at Doey’s House at this time.
- Volunteer shifts have been suspended at Doey’s House.
Please know that HWC continues to operate at full proportions and will provide clinical visits inpatient care, and 24/7 support by our team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, chaplains, nursing aides, bereavement counselors, and support staff. Please call our HWC team with questions or concerns. If you have urgent needs, call (301) 791 - 6360. Your call will be directed to our Triage Team for immediate response 24/7.
Please use the CDC website for additional updates!