If you experience thoughts or plans of harm to self (suicide) or others (homicide), then call: 911 or refer to crisis intervention resources listed below.
Grief can sometimes lead to severe depression, anxiety, or a mental health crisis, including suicidal thoughts. The numbers below may be reached 24 hours/day and have TDD capability for the deaf. If you or someone you love is having a mental health emergency, you can call 988 (New National Crisis hotline as of July 2022), call 911, or go to the closest emergency department at your local hospital.
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal or homocidal thoughts, there are resources to help.
Local Emergency Crisis Intervention Services:
- Call 911 or go to nearest hospital ED
- Washington County Mobile Crisis Services: The Mobile Crisis team is on call 9 AM - 11 PM (M-F) or 1 PM - 11 PM (Weekends). The Mobile Crisis team can be dispatched during a 911 call.
Suicide Prevention Resources:
- Crisis text line: Simply text "TALK" to 741741
- Call, Text, Chat with 988 - https://988lifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- My 3 is an app that quickly identifies immediate help and promotes safety planning - https://my3app.org/
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - https://afsp.org/
- Text: MDMINDHEALTH to 898-211
Maryland Crisis and Information Hotline: Dial 2.1.1
Additional Crisis Hotlines in Maryland:
Maryland Crisis Hotline
TDD line 410-531-5086
Baltimore (Baltimore Crisis Response)
Howard County (Grassroots Crisis Hotline)
Baltimore County (Baltimore Crisis Response)
Montgomery County (Crisis Center)
Additional Local Resources:
Washington County Sheriff’s Office
Maryland State Police
Meritus Medical Center
For additional list of resources, check out this guide.
|Hospice of Washington County||301-791-6360|
|Washington County Hotline||1-800-422-0009|
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline||1-800-273-TALK (8255)|
|Maryland State Police||301-739-2102|
|Meritus Medical Center||301-790-8000|